Swift action by firefighters averted major fires at two locations in St. Michael.
The first incident occurred around 9:55 pm at Grazettes Industrial Park on Friday night where firefighters contained and extinguished a structural fire before major damage was sustained.
The second incident occurred around 2:32 pm yesterday in Wildey, St. Michael in a building adjacent to the Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic.
Officers from Fire Service Headquarters under the command of acting Deputy Chief Fire Officer Lloydson Phillips were able to contain a fire which caused moderate damage to the interior of the building.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App