Christmas shoppers in Bridgetown were yesterday afternoon treated to the rare sight of the Chamberlain Bridge swinging upwards to let out a sailing vessel as crew members prepared to depart the Careenage on a Caribbean voyage.
Amused and amazed shoppers and visitors to the island, some of whom were halted in their attempt to cross the bridge, began snapping shots of the spectacle with their smart phones and other cameras.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App