It was a quiet Boxing Day yesterday as most Barbadians spent the time relaxing.
The usual picnic spots at Bath, Folkstone, Brownes Beach, Miami Beach were practically deserted as most spent the time relaxing with family and friends and doing the usual visits from house to house.
But hundreds of Barbadians took a non-tradition route to their celebrations and they braved what was one of the rainier days on record to attend parties; among them, the UV 7 – The Christmas Sunrise Edition.
Promoter of that event, Nicholas Fadda Fox Sealy, told Barbados TODAY they were going for a unique vibe with the event, and they achieved this despite the rain.
“Every single UV that we have held, there was rain. We would have been worried if it hadn’t rained.”
Patrons there were treated to DJ Major Lazer out of Jamaica, Monsta Piece DJ, and a slew of others. They even got to mingle and dance with Barbadian superstar Rihanna, who is home for the holidays.
Later in the afternoon, hundreds of Barbadians packed the Jolly Roger for the Booze Cruise Cooler event, partying from noon to 4 p.m., and later in The night, it was Wish List at Fusion in the City. That luau- type beach party originally scheduled for Christmas night had been pushed back on the account of the inclement weather. (RG)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App