Barbados has yet another centenarian. She is Mary Elizabeth Messiah.
Surrounded by family and friends – some coming from as far as the United Kingdom – this matriarch was the toast of the Union, St. Philip district this morning.
The mother of two was celebrated at a luncheon where guests were regaled with stories of fun moments of her life.
Speaking to Barbados TODAY, the soft spoken Mary credited the strength and love of God for bringing her this far.
“God is who helped me, his love, my family, everybody,” she said before singing a verse of her favorite song ‘Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus.’
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App