The New Year greeted a Christ Church woman with most unsettling news. She would be called to be told her home was ablaze early yesterday morning.
The uninsured two-bedroom wooden abode of Charlene King of Parish Land, Christ Church, went up in fire just after 3 a.m., taking with it all of King’s possessions.
When a Barbados TODAY team visited the site around noon, King said she was still coming to grips with the loss, and asked that she be revisited.
The New Year Day fire also caused minor damage to a nearby house, which is occupied by another of King’s family members. (AH)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App