Concerned parents and teachers, got together last evening with members of the religious community at Combermere School to pray for Barbadian students and the educational fraternity entering the new school term.
Led by Pastors Errol Griffith and Cleveland Thomas, the more than two dozen worshippers staged a two-and-a-half hour ‘Prayer at the Gates’ session in the school’s Major Noot Hall, breaking into small groups at one stage, to focus on prayer points.
In addition to the term-opening prayer activity, this initiative of 2008, has seen a number of weekly worship groups formed in many schools across the island.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App