Former Minister of Education, the late Cyril Walker, left elective politics nearly 20 years ago, but Patricia Greaves of 8th Avenue, New Orleans, The City, remembered his contribution to national development and turned up in the East Wing of Parliament to sign the book of condolence.
Walker won the St George North Constituency in the 1986 general election and later became a Cabinet member in a Democratic Labour Party administration. In the 1994 general election he was defeated by Barbados Labour Party candidate Gline Clarke in that rural constituency.
In this Gregory Waldron picture, PatriciaGreaves signs her name in the book of condolence for the late Cyril Walker. (NC)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App