A 62-year-old man is reported dead and several others injured in what police are describing as a mass casualty situation at Eagle Hall, St Michael.
This follows a collision involving a Transport Board bus driven by Tyrone King and a minibus driven by Kelvin Hall, which were carrying passengers around 5:20 am.
Police are withholding the identity of the deceased until his next of kin has been notified.
Lawmen have cordoned off the busy intersection and emergency crews are still on the scene.
More details as they come to hand.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App