A Guyanese man who arrived in Barbados yesterday will appear in court tomorrow on four drug charges after 39 pounds of cannabis were found in his luggage.
Uche Omotosho Adesima Blair, 42 years of Buxton Village, East Coast Demerara, Georgetown, is accused of possession, intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
A press release from Police Public Relations Officer Inspector David Welch said Blair arrived from Guyana about 4:30 pm and after clearing Immigration, he was interviewed by Drug Squad personnel.
He was then referred to Customs where his luggage was searched and 26 packages of cannabis found.
Blair is expected to appear at the District B Magistrate Court tomorrow.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App