While many spent Errol Barrow Day in quite reflection yesterday, hundreds of people took to the streets of the constituency which the Father of Independence represented for many years to take part in the St John Carnival.
They jumped through the parish, dancing to popular soca and calypso tunes.
From all reports, the Carnival was incident-free, although elsewhere in St John three men were hurt in a shooting.
Here are just a few of the photos from the day. Look out for more in our e-paper.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App