Prime Minister Freundel Stuart is now a member of the Queen’s Privy Council, which means that he carries the title “Right Honourable”.
The UK Prime Minister’s Office announced in a press release: “The Queen has been pleased to approve that the Honourable Freundel Jerome Stuart QC, MP, be sworn of Her Majesty’s most Honourable Privy Council.”
Stuart said he is “humbled” by the elevation.
“I have travelled a long distance from very humble beginnings to where I am now. I have scaled many hurdles and negotiated many potholes along the way. I have always set very high standards for myself, chosen my friends carefully, and never allowed the means by which I have lived to outdistance the ends for which I have lived. I have no regrets about those choices and would recommend them without hesitation to the young people of Barbados,” he said.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App