Police have confirmed that 18 people, including the driver, have been injured in the minibus accident which occurred in Gibbs, St Peter just after 4 pm today.
Police PRO Inspector David Welch said the minibus overturned on to its right side when Wendell Piyotte lost control of the vehicle.
Among the 18 people injured, five of them are in serious condition, including Piyotte, a resident of Upper Mount Standfast, St James.
Inspector Welch said seven people had to be taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.
The accident triggered a mass casualty response which included police, six doctors from the QEH, and personnel from the ambulance service, the Barbados Fire Service, the Barbados Defence Force, the Roving Response Team and the Disaster Emergency Management.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App