Police have made a breakthrough in the investigation into last year’s murder of an employee of telecommunications company LIME.
They now have a suspect in custody for Moreta Forde’s death.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch confirmed to Barbados TODAY that when the man was detained in a rural area he told officers that he had ingested a poisonous substance.
He was subsequently taken for treatment.
Police believe he is responsible for killing 53-year-old Forde who was found with her throat slashed in her Fisher Pond, St Thomas home which had been set on fire.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App