A father and son have been arrested after trying to leave Barbados with more than US$6,ooo.
Jeffrey Harrington Callender, 46, of No. 9 Coral Land, Haggatt Hall St. Michael and 23-year-old Rico Antonio Bill of No. 9 Valley View, Pinelands St. Michael, have each been charged with attempting to export currency exceeding the allowed limit, without the permission of the Exchange Control Authority.
The two were held at the Grantley Adams International Airport after they checked in for a flight to Guyana.
Callender allegedly had US$3,320 while BIll is charged with having US$2,730.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App