The captain and crew of a Guyanese registered ship berthed at the Bridgetown Port have been detained and are being questioned after cocaine and cannabis were discovered on their boat.
Members of the Drug Squad, Customs and Excise Department, supported by the Police Canine Unit, Maine Unit and the Barbados Coast Guard conducted an operation on Rudisa Global and found the illegal drugs.
A statement from the police did not indicate how much drugs were discovered.
Police Public Relations Officer Inspector David Welch said investigations are continuing.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App