A Guyanese boat captain is facing eight drug related charges after police found 37 pounds of cannabis and two kilos of cocaine hidden in cabins in his vessel berthed at the Bridgetown Port.
Winston Leslie Fitzgerald Phillips, 48, has been charged with two counts each of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
His arrest followed an operation carried out last Friday on board the Guyanese-registered Rudisa Global, which transports cement.
When members of the Customs and Excise Department and the Drug Squad, supported by the Police Canine Unit, Marine Unit and the Barbados Coast Guard, went on the ship they found the illegal cargo and held Phillips and the crew – Guyanese and Surinamese nationals – for questioning.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App