A 14-year-old boy and a man were injured this morning in the country’s latest serious accident.
Three vehicles – a car, a panel van and an SUV – were in a collision on Groves Road, St George around 7:50 am, leaving schoolboy Chai Barker with injuries to his head and left arm, and Adam Corbin of Blowers, St James with injuries to his head and right leg.
Barker was a passenger in the car driven by his sister Chenese Barker, 20, of St Ann’s Village, St Joseph.
Corbin was driving the panel van, while Philip Tempro of Buttals, St George was driving the SUV. Police say Tempro was not injured.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App