More than 1,300 cannabis plants were seized and one man arrested in cannabis eradication operations in St John, St Joseph and St George today.
The first operation targeting areas in all three parishes resulted in 1,215 cannabis plants being seized, the tallest being 13 feet. The plants were concealed in cane fields and no arrests were made.
However, in the second operation in Cottage, St George, 21-year-old Taweeni Emmanuel Marques of Fusilier Road, Newbury, in the same parish was arrested and charged for cultivation, trafficking, possession and possession with intent to supply after 173 cannabis plants – the tallest being four feet – were found in a bushy area.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App