Barbados captured the WICB NAGICO Super50 title with a 17-run win over Trinidad & Tobago in the final Day/Night final at Queen’s Park Oval last night.
Chasing 253 to win, Trinidad & Tobago were bowled out for 235 in 45.5 overs.
Denesh Ramdin topscored for Trinidad & Tobago with 68 off 76 balls. He hit six fours and two sixes.
Pacer Carlos Brathwaite was the top wicket-taker with four for 41 off ten overs. Left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn took two for 29 off nine overs and medium-fast Jason Holder, two for 30 off eight overs.
Barbados made 252 off 48.4 overs after winning the toss.
Man-of-the-Match Dwayne Smith topscored with 83 off 77 balls with ten fours and two sixes. He and Kraigg Brathwaite (36) added 127 for the first wicket in 22.3 overs).
Medium-pacer Kevon Cooper was the leading wicket-taker with four for 62 off 9.4 overs.
Off-spinner Sunil Narine took two for 18 off ten overs and medium-pacer Lendl Simmons, two for 23 off five overs.
It was the sixth time Barbados had won the regional 50-over championship with one shared in a record 18 finals.
D. Smith c Dwayne Bravo b Simmons 83 (77 balls, 10×4, 2×6)
K. Brathwaite c wk Ramdin b Simmons 36 (63 balls, 3×4)
J. Carter lbw b Narine 49 (51 balls, 5×4)
*K. Stoute lbw b Cooper 15 (38 balls)
C. Brathwaite b Cooper 9 (8 balls, 1×6)
K. Williams c & b Ottley 1 (8 balls)
+S. Dowrich lbw b Cooper 1 (3 balls)
A. Nurse b Rampaul 11 (15 balls, 1×4)
J. Holder lbw b Narine 5 (9 balls)
S. Benn not out 22 (18 balls, 2×4, 1×6)
F. Edwards b Cooper 1 (3 balls)
Extras (lb7, w11, nb1) 19
TOTAL (all out, 48.4 overs) 252
Fall of wickets: 1-127 (K. Brathwaite, 22.3 ov), 2-132 (Smith, 24.5), 3-195 (Carter, 37.1), 4-206 (C. Brathwaite, 38.5), 5-207 (Stoute, 40.1), 6-210 (Dowrich, 41), 7-210 (Williams, 41.1), 8-218 (Holder, 43.3), 9-241 (Nurse, 47.1), 10-252 (Edwards, 48.4).
Bowling: Dwayne Bravo 5-0-40-0 (w5), Rampaul 6-0-25-1, Emrit 5-0-41-0 (w1), Narine 10-2-18-2 (w1), Cooper 9.4-0-62-4 (w3), Ottley 4-0-18-1, Simmons 5-0-23-2, Mohammed 4-0-18-0. (Barbados Cricket Association)
Recent Local News
- St Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway tours off to smooth start
- Barbados records first road fatality for 2019
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon's Beach
- Police investigating sudden death of woman constable
- Minor injuries reported after serious accident
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon’s Beach
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App