Father John Rogers wants the Anglican Church to adopt the use of information and communication technologies to support its evangelical work.
He says this would allow the church to reach out to people who are unable to attend services.
Addressing the annual Diocesan Service at a packed Wildey Gymnasium yesterday morning, he said video streaming should also be considered.
The clergyman believes that the church should engage the community in different ways, enabling it to reinforce the evangelistic approach while creating opportunities for ministry, which he said is like having two churches in one.
“We’re at the stage now where we can have two churches in one, the ecclesial church and the cyber church,” he said.
Recent Local News
- BREAKING NEWS - Police probe another unnatural death
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App