Barbados batting all-rounder Dwayne Smith will replace an injured Chris Gayle in the West Indies squads for the upcoming One-Day Internationals against Ireland and England.
Smith has been called up for the one-off match against Ireland at Sabina Park on Sunday and the three-match series against England in Antigua, starting February 28.
Gayle experienced stiffness in his lower back following the first Twenty20 International against Ireland at Sabina Park on Wednesday. He did not play in the second T20 International on Friday. He had precautionary scans and will have medical management and necessary treatment in Jamaica.
Smith was the highest run-scorer and MVP in the recent NAGICO Super50 tournament in Trinidad & Tobago. He made 232 runs in four innings at an average of 58.00 to help Barbados win the Clive Lloyd Trophy.
The West Indies travel to Antigua on Monday for the three ODIs at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground.
Squad v Ireland: Dwayne Bravo (Captain), Darren Bravo, Miguel Cummins, Kirk Edwards, Jason Holder, Nikita Miller, Sunil Narine, Kieran Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Marlon Samuels, Darren Sammy, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith.
Squad v England: Dwayne Bravo (captain), Darren Bravo, Kirk Edwards, Jason Holder, Nikita Miller, Sunil Narine, Kieran Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Marlon Samuels, Darren Sammy, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith.(Barbados Cricket Association)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App