The Pine Hill Dairy-sponsored National Primary Schools Athletics Championship got under way today at the National Stadium in a blaze of glory.
Athletes from across the island competing in the Obadele Zone gave it their all in the effort to bring success to their respective schools. At the end of the day St Catherine’s Primary had taken charge of proceedings topping the girls’ competitors with 173.50 points and holding second position among the boys’ with 151 points. Two records were broken during the day and many more are expected to fall by the wayside as the competition continues during the week.
Barbados TODAY was there to bring this pictorial recap of the day’s exciting action.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App