With four new ambulances being handed over today to the Emergency Ambulance Service of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, those previously donated to the Ministry of Health by the United Arab Emirates are yet to go into operation –– at least at the Psychiatric Hospital.
Director of the Black Rock mental institution, David Leacock, told Barbados TODAY it was not true that the two golf cart-type vehicles allocated to his facility were delivering food to the wards.
Leacock said the vehicles were currently on property, but had not yet been pressed into service and “are not delivering food to any wards”.
He noted that the ambulances only came into the hospital’s possession last week.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App