Tomorrow should be one of fun and masquerade for the students of St Lawrence Primary School, when they take to the streets in a grand parade.
Coinciding with the school’s African Awareness Week celebrations, visitors and businesses in the popular St Lawrence Gap will be woken by the sound of drumming and African dancing as masked students dressed in African clothing celebrate the African culture.
Today, some students were busy, with the assistance of teachers and parents who offered a helping hand, as they prepared for the special event which is promising to be alive and entertaining.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App