A show unlike any other is what the Lodge School is promising tomorrow Saturday, when 13 contestants in the school’s model search hit the stage at Combermere School’s Major Noott Hall.
Organizer of the search, Ruel Phillips, told Barbados TODAY that patrons would be wowed by the show because The Lodge was not doing the customary segments, offering instead lots of fashion and entertainment.
“This is to raise funds for the sixth form graduation, and so far I think we have been very successful. We used to have a pageant, but then there was a break before we resumed last year,” he said.
Adding that this was the first time he was coordinating the show, Phillips said he had always wanted to do something like this –– to put on his own show, and this was the perfect opportunity.
The show, themed Runway Royale: Fashion Revolution, will begin at 7 p.m. and will feature finalists Ariel Lovell, 17; Cassandra Francois, 17; Destinee Chandler, 16; Tiniko Grandison, 17; Gabrielle Crawford-O’Brien, 19; Leandrea Cumberbatch, 17; and Tamia Stoute, 16, in the females. The males will be Brian Pereira-Donawa, 16; Romario Savoury, 17; Akeem Williams, 17; Timome Evelyn, 17; Mikyle Gibbons, 17; and Torian Lewis-Best, 17.
At the end, along with the crowning of the winners, will be the chance to be featured in the BMEX Fashion Show, as scouts from that parade will be in the audience, Phillips said.
Describing the process thus far as stressful, he said nevertheless it was proving to be rewarding.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App