Former athlete Ryan Brewster of Kracken Gym is the new fitness king of Barbados. The 39-year-old teacher won the Men’s Physique Cup which was held at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre last Saturday evening.
Brewster won the 175 centimeter class (short-class) and then proceeded to demolish Duaine Lucas of Strike Force Gym, the winner of the 175 centimeter and over class (tall) in an impressive showdown to capture the overall title.
It was a remarkable victory for Brewster, a former bronze medallist for Barbados in the 800m and 1500m at the CARIFTA Games in 1984.
The former long distance runner was confined to bed because of a medical condition last year but is now in the peak of health as shown with his finely tuned body.
One of Brewster’s outstanding features was his superb ‘six-pack’ abs which thrilled the fans during the showdown between Lucas and himself.
Homar Benn was the first runner-up and Kevin Edwards placed third.
Janesia Pitt of Strike Force Gym turned in an impressive performance that saw her being the runaway winner in the Barbados Bikini Fitness Competition.
The 20-year-old member of the Strike Force Gym displayed a striking physique that captivated the members of the audience beating gym-mate Kela Knight into second place, Janelle Butcher of Train Edge placed third.
Last Saturday’s show was the second edition of the competition.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App