Marlon Samuels’ blitz and three wickets from Samuel Badree led West Indies to a comfortable 27-run victory over England in the first T20 international in Barbados.
West Indies reached 170-3 from their 20 overs thanks to 69 from Samuels, who shared a 58-run stand with Andre Russell, and early wickets cost England dear in their run chase.
After Badree dismissed Alex Hales, Luke Wright and Michael Lumb to reduce England to 36-3, the visitors never recovered and stumbled to 143-9 in their reply.
At the end it was an easy finish for West Indies to secure victory to go up 1-0 in the three-match series.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App