Three Barbadian men who were found on a boat with 607 pounds of cannabis off Needham’s Point early this morning are being questioned by police.
The trio was arrested when members of the Drug Squad, the Regional Security System, the Marine Unit of the Police Force and the Barbados Coast Guard intercepted the 25-foot boat about eight nautical miles off Needham’s Point around 1:20 am.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said law enforcement officials seized 14 polyethylene bags, one knit bag, one bucket, and two black plastic bags.
It’s believed the men were trying to bring the drugs into the island when they were caught.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App