A blistering unbeaten 9-ball 30 by captain Darren Sammy saw West Indies to a five-wicket victory over England and a 2-0 series win in their three match Twenty20 International series at Kensington Oval today.
Chasing 152-7 made by England, WestIndies got off to an excellent start thanks to an opening stand of 48 between Dwayne Smith, who made 30, and Chris Gayle, who made 36.
But quick wickets by England saw the loss of Smith, Gail, Marlon Samuels (28), Lendl Simmons (19) and Andre Russell (2).
Captain Sammy and Dwayne Bravo came together with the score 116 for 5 , and in a delicate situation. But the two added 39 with Sammy striking three huge sixes to win the game with 7 balls to spare.
Earlier, England wicketkeeper/batsman Jos Butler top scored for the visitors with 67 and West Indies left arm swing bowler Krishmar Santoki took 4-21.
The third and final T20 is on Thursday.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App