Barbados TODAY was there. See pages 36 & 37 in this evening’s e-paper (http://epaper.barbadostoday.bb) for this pictorial review.
West Indies’ plans for a 3-0 clean sweep of their Twenty20 International series against England were thwarted at Kensington Oval today.
In perhaps the most thrilling game of the series England won by five-runs before a large, excited crowd comprised of hundreds of English visitors. And they had a Barbadian-born lad to thank for their morale-boosting victory.
Chris Jordan shone with bat, ball and in the field, to leave many Barbadians in the stands with ambivalent feelings over his sterling performance.
In the end it was a case of a 2-1 victory for the West Indies and pleasure at seeing a hometown lad do well for his adopted country.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App