One man was shot late yesterday evening as law enforcement officers intercepted a boat carrying illegal drugs. He and three others are now in police custody.
Police say that around 6:30 pm yesterday, members of the Drug Squad, supported by the Barbados Coast Guard and the Regional Security System, intercepted a 24-foot pirogue about 10 nautical miles off Harrison’s Point, St. Lucy.
On board, they found 593.6 pounds of cannabis in 14 polythene bags, three taped packages and one haversack.
Lawmen seized the illegal cargo as well as the boat and detained four Bajans on the boat, one of whom was shot during the operation.
Police say the injury is not life-threatening.
Investigations are continuing.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App