Police have charged three men, while a fourth suspect remains in hospital, following Saturday’s drug haul off Harrison’s Point, St Lucy.
Damien Omar Haynes, 35, of Risk Road, St James; Fabian Antonio Stanford, 38, of Mount Standfast, St. James; and Rommel Andre Gittens, 32, of Shorey Village, St. Andrew have been charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of 593.6 pounds of cannabis.
They were arrested on Saturday evening when law enforcement officers intercepted their boat.
Another man was shot during the operation and he remains hospitalized. Police say his injuries are not life-threatening.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App