Two Jamaicans who swallowed more than 40 pellets of cannabis in an attempt to get the drugs into Barbados will have to pay the court here if they want to avoid going to prison.
When they appeared in the District “B” Magistrate Court, 48-year-old Esroy Pasington Levy and Gladstone
Jeffrey Ellis, 36, pleaded guilty to charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
In the case of Levy, who passed out 13 packets containing a quarter pound of marijuana, the fine is $3,000 forthwith; while Ellis will have to pay $4,000 forthwith for the half pound of cannabis he swallowed in 29 packets.
The Jamaicans, who came into Barbados last Wednesday, will be jailed for a year if they don’t pay up.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App