A Barbadian mother and son are facing four drug charges after trying to bring cannabis into the island.
Marita Eugene Odle, 42, and her 24-year-old son Rico Antonio Odle, both of 1st Avenue Weekes Land, Goodland, St. Michael, allegedly had 5.6 kilogrammes of cannabis in their suitcases when they came in from Canada yesterday.
They arrived on the same flight but were separately stopped and interviewed by police.
When customs searched their luggage, they found the illegal drugs in false bottoms of their suitcases.
They are charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App