Nation journalist Barry Alleyne was questioned by police this morning at the District “A” Police Station.
Alleyne was accompanied by his lawyer, publisher Vivian Gittens and editor -in- chief Roy Morris.
The questioning is related to an opposition walkout of the house on July 16.
Opposition MPs raised concerns about how house speaker Michael Carrington handled the proceedings and those statements were reported by journalist Alleyne and published in the newspaper.
The matter was referred to the director of public prosecution for police to start criminal investigations.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App