Three men are now behind bars following Monday’s robbery at the Pool Hall.
Joshua Dale Medford, 27, of Kensington Lodge, St Michael; Denmar Saffrey, 28, of Smith Corner, Sargeant Village, Christ Church and Lance Ryan Padmore The Third, 31, of Fairfield main road, St Michael were jointly charged with aggravated robbery of the Marhill, Bridgetown business place.
When the trio appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court today, the prosecutor objected to bail.
They have been remanded to prison until April 25.
Meanwhile, the police are still in search of two men who held up the popular Foster’s Bakery on Rockley New Road, Christ Church around 10 this morning.
Lawmen were told that an employee had been held up by the armed men, who ran off with an undisclosed sum of money.
Barbados TODAY understands that the two where subsequently spotted and chased by police, but they managed to elude officers in the surrounding Ventnor Gardens and Gold Club Road area.
The owner of the close to 65-year-old establishment, Andrew Foster, would only confirm that that the incident did occur but refused further comment. (RG/CW)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App