By George Alleyne
Catherina Forde is the latest winner in the Cemix cement company competition for the most creative photo of its trucks emblazoned with the pink bow symbol for breast cancer.
She picked up her prize of an iPad this morning in the Warrens Complex car park outside SuperCentre where Cemix in collaboration with the Barbados Cancer Society hosted a free breast cancer screening exercise for shoppers.
The company stated that for every cubic metre of concrete purchased from Cemix between February 01 and October 01 this year, it will make a donation to The Barbados Cancer Society – Breast Screening Programme.
Cemix is drawing attention to its fundraising effort by also conducting an online competition for the general public by periodically giving away iPad Minis for the best creative photos taken of the ‘Green Hearts for Pink Ribbon’ trucks.
Cemix marketing coordinator, Alicia Griffith, said the funds collected by October will be used by the Cancer Society in any way it finds fitting.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App