Jamaica were 150-4 at the end of play today in reply to Barbados’ 423 in the fifth-round Regional Four-day game at Sabina Park in Kingston.
In Jamaica’s reply, middle-order batsman Jermaine Blackwood hit an aggressive 64 before a rash stroke became his undoing on a flat pitch.
Scores: Barbados 423 (142.3 overs); Jamaica 150-4 (43 overs)
Play is scheduled to start Sunday morning with Nkrumah Bonner on 31 and captain Tamar Lambert not out on zero and Jamaica still 273 runs behind.
While Barbadian Kirk Edwards led the way with a knock of 105 on Friday, his 22-year-old teammate, the wicketkeeper/batsman Shane Dowrich, was the star of day two with a maiden first-class century. Jamaica’s left-arm orthodox slow bowler Nikita Miller took 4-95.
Barbados started Saturday on 275-6 with Dowrich and Jason Holder not out on 40 and 18, respectively.
The pair pushed their seventh-wicket partnership to 85 runs before Holder (46) was dismissed, but Dowrich added useful runs with the rest of the lower order to help Barbados to their eventual total. (Jamaica Observer)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App