One man was injured and a house damaged during an accident at Coggins Hill, St Andrew this morning.
Police say a truck driven by Barthelmoe Alcide, 55, of Silver Hill, Christ Church, was towing an excavator around 8:30 am when the driver apparently lost control causing the truck to overturn.
According to the police, the excavator then struck and broke a utility pole and damaged a two bedroom house occupied by Errol Sobers.
The driver received a cut to his right hand and abrasions about his body. Utility lines and a water supply pipeline were also damaged.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App