After 25 years, the privately owned Bayview Hospital on Beckles Road, St Michael, is now officially in new hands.
As first disclosed by Barbados TODAY late last year, the local company VKC Incorporated formally bought over the hospital today from Bay Cottage Holdings Limited for an undisclosed sum of money.
The medical facility, which will now trade under the name Bayview Hospital (2014) Limited, will keep the current executive management team.
“Bayview Hospital (2014) Ltd is satisfied that the facility has on board a dynamic team of administrative and medical personnel to continue to achieve the facility’s mission,” stated the new owners.
Hospital administrator Winifred Edwards welcomed the new changes. Having worked at the hospital for the last 13 years, he was excited to be part of its upgrade and looked forward to working with the new owners.
The chairman of the Medical Staff Association, Dr Ranita Jhagroo, has also lauded the takeover with its aim of redeveloping the specialist insitution that caters to Barbadian and Caribbean nationals.
Read more on page 13 of our digital ePaper at http://epaper.barbadostoday.bb.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App