An early morning fire has claimed the life of a 90-year-old man from Cane Vale, Christ Church.
Police say Goldburne Callender perished in the blaze that occurred around midnight in the concrete house where he lived with nine other persons, three of them children.
Callender was an amputee and wheel-chair bound.
Members of the Barbados Fire Service, led by Acting Chief Fire Officer Errol Maynard, along with three fire tenders battled the blaze, which caused extensive damage to the house.
Lawmen say it is not clear what caused the fire.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App