Defending champions and front-runners Barbados beat Jamaica by 245 runs on the fourth and final day of their fifth round WICB first-class match at Sabina Park today.
Needing 382 to win in 90 overs, Jamaica were bowled out for 136 in 85.5 overs following an intriguing last session during which rain delayed the start of play after tea by 85 minutes.
Veteran left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn took the final wicket when he had the experienced all-rounder David Bernard jr leg before wicket on the back foot by an arm ball for eight.
The match ended at 5.18 p.m. in the eighth of the mandatory 15 overs which started at 5 p.m. with the score 135 for nine off 78 overs.
Bernard and Brian Buchanan, who made six not out, had come together with the score on 122 for nine after 66.2 overs when the obdurate Nikita Miller was caught by wicket-keeper Shane Dowrich off off-spinner Ashley Nurse for 15 – two balls after play had resumed following the rain delay. (bcacricket.org)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App