By Keith Holder
Barbados are in a solid position to beat Jamaica at Sabina Park and remain at the top of the standings after the fifth round of matches in the regional first-class championship.
After gaining a first innings lead of 219, Barbados opted not to enforce the follow-on and closed the third day on 162 for two in their second innings for an overall lead of 381 going into the final day’s play today.
Barbados captain Kraigg Brathwaite missed out on a century for the second time this season, co-incidentally again falling for 91 – the same score he made against Combined Campuses & Colleges at 3Ws Oval in the third series.
Earlier, Jamaica, starting the day on 150 for four, were bowled out for 204 in 84.2 overs in reply to Barbados’ first innings total of 423 all out off 142.3 overs. The innings ended 35 minutes after lunch.
Jermaine Blackwood topscored with 64, while off-spinner Ashley Nurse took four for 63.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App