Defending champions West Indies defeated Pakistan by 84 runs in the final preliminary game of the World Twenty20 Championship, at the Shere Bangla Stadium a short time ago.
The Windies bowled out Pakistan after captain Darren Sammy chose to bat in a match which both teams had to win to qualify for a semi-final spot.
The regional side will now play Sri Lanka on April 3 for a place in the World T20 final.
Pakistan 1 Ahmed Shehzad, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Mohammad Hafeez (capt), 4 Umar Akmal, 5 Shoaib Malik, 6 Sohaib Maqsood, 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Zulfiqar Babar, 11 Saeed Ajmal.
West Indies 1 Dwayne Smith, 2 Chris Gayle, 3 Lendl Simmons, 4 Marlon Samuels, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Darren Sammy (capt), 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Andre Russell, 9 Sunil Narine, 10 Samuel Badree, 11 Krishmar Santokie.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App