Investigations continue into the death of a 22-year-old Jamaican woman found dead in her Bibby’s Lane, St Michael apartment this morning.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said at the scene, the incident occurred “sometime between 4:30 and 5 o clock where the landlord was summoned to the apartment after hearing what was believed to be a gunshot”.
He said that the victim was found lying in a pool of blood and lawmen were called to the scene.
“We are following some leads and we are hoping that persons can give us some information which will be kept in the strictest confidence,” Welch added.
The identity of the woman has been withheld pending the notification of her next of kin in Jamaica.
Barbados TODAY understands that she would have arrived in the island earlier this year.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App