Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell was a short while ago slapped with an 18-month suspension for the use of the banned substance Oxilofrine.
He will be eligible to resume competition in December 2014.
Powell along with teammate and training partner Sherone Simpson tested positive for the drug at the Jamaica National trials in June 2013.
The pair contended that the drug was contained in a supplement given to them by trainer Chris Xureb.
Simpson also received an 18-month ban. (Jamaica Observer)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App