Hundreds of screaming fans left Holders House in St James last night –– some in tears and overcome with emotion from seeing not one, but two of the biggest names in the music business.
They were there for the Canadian radio station CHUM FM’s Breakfast In Barbados show, featuring this time around rapper Pitbull and pop sensation Enrique Iglesias.
Among the many fans was the executive vice-president of the Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association, Sue Springer, who told Barbados TODAY the event was “just amazing”.
“The Canadian market is our No. 3 market. It is so wonderful to be working with the Canadians. What is fabulous is to have the variety of entertainers here. We are promoting worldwide. It is a global market when you are talking about tourism. It is an incredible achievement,” she said.
Now in its 29th year, CHUM has been partnering with the Barbados Tourism Association for the event that in the past has featured other big names like Michael Bublé, Kelly Clarkson, the Barenaked Ladies and, more recently, Katy Perry.
(Photos and video available in our 11/04/2014 digital ePaper edition at http://epaper.barbadostoday.bb.)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App