Three people were injured in two serious accidents – one involving a Transport Board bus – that occurred within half hour of each other in neighbouring parishes.
The first occurred at Fortesque Road, St. Philip around 6:45 am, involving a Transport Board bus driven by 45-year-old Richard Broomes and bicyclist Nigel Harewood, 39, of College Savannah, St. John.
Harewood complained of lacerations to his forehead and left shoulder and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) for treatment.
The second collision, which occurred about 7:15 am on Charnocks Main Road, Christ Church, involved two cars.
Edmund Bushell, 45, of Windward Gardens, St. Philip, and Tremella Maynard, 36, of Pegwell Gardens, Christ Church had to receive medical attention.
Bushell received lacerations to the right side of his head and was transported to the QEH by an ambulance, while Maynard who complained of pains about her body sought private medical treatment.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App