Police are investigating a report of an aggravated burglary which occurred about 9 p.m. on Saturday at Accra Beach Hotel, Christ Church.
In a brief statement to the media, lawmen said a masked armed man entered the hotel, and stole an undisclosed sum of money from staff on duty. No one was injured.
Just last week police reported a 22 per cent dip in crime so far this year compared to the same period last year.
However, the acting Assistant Commissioner of Police, Erwin Boyce, told the relaunch of a neighbourhood watch programme in Atlantic Shores Christ Church there has been an increase in the number of murders and aggravated burglaries.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App