A 35-year-old man has been charged in connection with this morning’s discovery of a marijuana farm in St. David’s Village.
Terry Haynes, a resident of Welch Village, St. John, who was detained during the operation carried out around 5 am, will face the court tomorrow for possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and cultivation of the 2,346 plants.
The plants, the tallest of which was five feet, were discovered in a dense, bushy area north of the Christ Church community.
During the operation carried out by members of the Drug Squad supported by other units of the Royal Barbados Police Force and members of the Barbados Defence Force, human skeletal remains were also found.
Police carry out investigations to determine the identity of the deceased. At this point they are unable to say whether the person was male or female, or the age.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App